At DevsOperative, we understand the complexities and challenges of preparing for the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) exam. This guide will provide an overview of the CKAD certification, including the recent changes to the exam and the key areas of focus.
|CKAD Certification||A certification offered by the CNCF through the Linux Foundation that validates a candidate's ability to design, build, and deploy cloud-native applications for Kubernetes.|
|PSI Exam Changes||Recent updates to the exam proctoring process, including the shift to the PSI browser and the updated check-in process.|
|Exam Content||A breakdown of the key areas of focus in the exam, including application design and build, deployment, observability and maintenance, environment, configuration, security, services, and networking.|
CKAD Certification: Validating Your Kubernetes Skills
The Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) certification is a prestigious credential offered by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) through the Linux Foundation. It validates a candidate's ability to design, build, and deploy cloud-native applications for Kubernetes. At DevsOperative, we believe that the CKAD certification is an excellent starting point for professionals new to Kubernetes.
Navigating the Recent PSI Exam Changes
The CKAD exam has recently undergone several changes, most notably in the proctoring process. The exam is now proctored using the PSI browser, which means that multiple monitors are no longer allowed, and candidates must ensure they are using the largest screen possible. Additionally, the check-in process has been updated, and candidates are given an additional 15 minutes to check-in before they are matched with a proctor.
Understanding the CKAD Exam Content
The CKAD exam covers a wide range of topics, all of which are crucial to effectively designing, building, and deploying applications for Kubernetes. These topics include:
- Application Design and Build: This section focuses on defining, building, and modifying container images, understanding Jobs and CronJobs, understanding multi-container Pod design patterns, and utilizing persistent and ephemeral volumes.
- Application Deployment: This section covers the use of Kubernetes primitives to implement common deployment strategies, understanding Deployments and how to perform rolling updates, and using the Helm package manager to deploy existing packages.
- Application Observability and Maintenance: This section delves into understanding API deprecations, implementing probes and health checks, using provided tools to monitor Kubernetes applications, utilizing container logs, and debugging in Kubernetes.
- Application Environment, Configuration, and Security: This section explores discovering and using resources that extend Kubernetes (CRD), understanding and defining resource requirements, limits and quotas, understanding ConfigMaps, creating and consuming Secrets, understanding ServiceAccounts, and understanding SecurityContexts.
- Services & Networking: This section demonstrates a basic understanding of NetworkPolicies, providing and troubleshooting access to applications via services, and using Ingress rules to expose applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the CKAD certification?
The Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) certification is a credential offered by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) through the Linux Foundation. It validates a candidate's ability to design, build, and deploy cloud-native applications for Kubernetes.
2. What are the recent changes to the CKAD exam?
The CKAD exam has recently undergone several changes, most notably in the proctoring process. The exam is now proctored using the PSI browser, and the check-in process has been updated.
3. What topics does the CKAD exam cover?
The CKAD exam covers a wide range of topics, including application design and build, application deployment, application observability and maintenance, application environment, configuration, and security, and services and networking.
In conclusion, preparing for the CKAD exam can be a challenging task, but with the right resources and guidance, it is certainly achievable. At DevsOperative, we are committed to providing comprehensive guides and solutions to help you navigate the complexities of Kubernetes and achieve your certification goals. Whether you're dealing with the recent PSI exam changes or trying to understand the vast exam content, we're here to help.